Sussex University Undergraduate Scholarships: The Sussex Excellence Scholarship is a merit-based award recognizing, and rewarding, undergraduate students who achieved excellent academic performance before joining the University.
Application Deadline: 9th April 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: To be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, if you are not entitled to receive the award automatically, you must:
- be taking up your place as an undergraduate student in September 2018
- submit a scholarship application before the deadline
- receive very high grades (approximately top 10%)
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- are going to study a Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) degree
- if you are repeating your first year at Sussex
- do not accept the University of Sussex as your firm choice
- do not meet the specified minimum requirement
- defer your place to 2019, as you would need to be considered again in 2019
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value and Duration of Scholarship:
- £3,000 cash award in year one of a three or four year undergraduate degree.
- You receive the cash award during your first year, awarded as separate payments of £1,500 in November 2018 and March 2019.
How to Apply:
- If you are applying with any of the qualifications listed in the eligibility criteria section, then you are automatically awarded the scholarship if you meet the required grade. There is no application form.
- If your qualification is not listed in the eligibility criteria section, you are required to complete the Sussex Excellence Scholarship application form to be considered for one of the 10 additional awards available.
- You must submit this form after you have applied for your course and before the 9 April 2018 deadline. All applications are considered by the scholarships panel in April 2018.
- The outcome of the scholarship panel will be communicated in May 2018.
- Automatic recipients will receive confirmation of the award at registration in September.
Award Provider: University of Sussex