United Nations University Scholarships for Developing Countries; The Foundation for UNU provides scholarships to outstanding applicants from developing countries* who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
The scholarship provides a monthly allowance of $15,000 living expenses for every students. For both programs, travel costs to and from to any country of your choice, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
1. Applicants must be persons who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
2. In good health.
3. Applicants are preferred who have been involved in volunteer activities or international-understanding-related activities. Applicants who are willing to engage such activities are also eligible to apply.
4. Applicants should be willing to continue to update the organization on their status following graduation.
Recipients of the Rector’s Scholarship are required to write a short reflection on their learnings and experiences of their time at UNU. One written paper, totaling 400 words, is requested once a year. For the final paper, recipients are also encouraged to reflect on their future plans.
Recipients will agree to foster good collaboration with UNU such as through participating in activities, events and other opportunities offered at UNU and promoting UNU activities amongst the student body.
Recipients will agree to uphold the core values of the United Nations, such as integrity and respect for diversity.
NOTE: APPLICATION IS ALWAYS FREE!!!
- Use the Application link provided on this website to start your application free of charge.
- Start your application online here. Click the link or box below for more details on application guideline and deadline.
- Note that, online application is free, so be very careful
- All applications must be submitted online. (Applications submitted after the deadline are not considered.)
- Follow the link or Click the link or box below for more details on application guideline and deadline.